Saturday, November 20, 2010

How to take out an axle on a dogde intrepid?

I have a 1997 dodge intepid that i want to change the passenger side cv joint. I can not get it out. I have pulled on it quite hard but no luck. What should I do.How to take out an axle on a dogde intrepid?
once you get it clear all you have to do is give it one real hard jerk and it will come out,dave told you right on this one,its real easy to get those out,good luck.How to take out an axle on a dogde intrepid?
I assume you are trying to release it from the trans. You cant do that by pulling on it. You need to get behind the inner joint with a descent sized pry-bar between the joint and the trans itself. Don't try slow steady pressure. It takes a hard sudden SNAP with the pry-bar to pop it loose. There is a circlip at the end of the inner joint shaft holding it into the trans.

Best of Luck!