Wednesday, November 24, 2010

I think the CV joint on my driver's side is going bad (looks a little wet), how long can i Drive on it?

I looked at my CV joints and the one on the driver's side has some kind of oil on it. How long can I drive with it being like that until itll need to be replaced? And how much will it cost me when i do have to have it done? Would i just need it replaced on that one side? I dont have a lot of money.



Also, i have some oil leaking from around the oil pan. Its not a lot just a few drips here and there. What could be the cause of that? Should i take it back to the last place that changed my oil and have them fix it? The oil was changed about a week and a half ago. Can i keep driving it with this leak until my next oil change since the leak is so small?



The car is a 2000 Civic Si.I think the CV joint on my driver%26039;s side is going bad (looks a little wet), how long can i Drive on it?
1 if the CV joint isnt clicking/clacking it will/could last for years and 20/40K miles cost is 200 per side.. if it has 125,000 mi or more do both sides while its at shop

Oli pan...a simple oil change will not cause lots of leak//unless guy poured 1/2 qt down the side or overfilled [did u chek level] wip it clean and see what it really is doing before asking a mechanic..[they aim to please and will be happy to put a new 500 dollar oil pan gasget %26quot;just to be safe%26quot; could b valve cover gasget..I think the CV joint on my driver%26039;s side is going bad (looks a little wet), how long can i Drive on it?
If the CV joint is going bad, it will start to make noise when you turn. You can drive it until it breaks or until you can't stand the noise.